Cloud Native News - CNN21/08
About Kubernetes with IPv6 networking, an evolving security ecosystem, CNCF welcoming new members, and Microsoft announcing Dapr 1.0.
CNCF Community & Industry
- Contribution of the drivers and the libraries
Sysdig contributes Falco's kernel module, eBPF probe, and libraries to the CNCF.
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Welcomes 47 New Members at the Start of 2021
This is an extraordinary announcement for us: this article welcomes Liquid Reply, our very own Kubernetes Consulting company, now a CNCF member! 🚀
- CNCF Provides Insights into Secrets Management Tools with Latest End User Technology Radar
This issue of CNCFs End User Technology Radar features Secret Management tools. I'm a bit surprised how few solutions are out there for such an important infrastructure component!
- Introducing GKE Autopilot
Google admits Kubernetes container tech is so complex, it's had to roll out an Autopilot feature to do it all for you: "GKE Autopilot gives you a fully managed, hardened Kubernetes cluster out of the box, for true hands-free operations."
- Kubernetes Pod Security Policy Deprecation: All You Need to Know
"The Kubernetes Policy (PSP) will soon get deprecated, replaced with a Pod Security Standards (PSS). Learn how it affects your K8s security & why using an OPA-based admission controller is better."
- EKS — Security Groups for Pods
Using AWS Security Groups on Pod-level? It's a thing!
- Wireguard VPN on AWS
"Learn how to configure Wiguard VPN gateway on AWS with Terraform and Ansible."
- Stateless Kubernetes overlay networks with IPv6
"This page describes an [Kubernetes] overlay network based on stateless IPv6 tunnels, which have better reliability and scalability characteristics than stateful IPv4 overlays."
Containers & Orchestration
- A Kubernetes User's Guide to HashiCorp Nomad
"Learn the equivalent terminologies, comparisons, and differentiations between HashiCorp Nomad and Kubernetes." - Great idea, HashiCorp!
Cross-cloud cost allocation models for workloads running on Kubernetes. Use kubecost as a Prometheus metric exporter to bring cost metrics into your Grafana Dashboard.
- Go & Kubernetes: Rapidly Developing Golang Microservices
Build a cloud development environment with Telepresence & Golang! The Ambassador's guys are great at explaining how to accelerate backend development on Kubernetes! Here is another recommendation.
- Announcing Dapr v1.0
The distributed application runtime is now production-ready
- Comparing Kubernetes operators for PostgreSQL
Not sure how to run PostgreSQL on your cluster? That's an overview!
Photo by Bradley Dunn on Unsplash