CNCF & Community
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 - Virtual Conference Transparency Report: A very successful first virtual event!
The CNCF puts together some impressive numbers of the KubeCon EU. Some highlights: 74% of keynote speakers are female or gender non-confirming, attendees from 130 countries, and 438 diversity scholarships were given.
- Announcing HashiCorp’s Homebrew Tap
Get Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad up and running even faster on macOS with HashiCorps' new official Homebrew Tap.
- Kubernetes pattern for applications with external environment configuration
Handle external container configuration the Kubernetes way with ConfigMaps, initContainers, volumes, and git-sync.
- Rebuilding Linkerd's continuous integration (CI) with Kubernetes in Docker (kind) and GitHub Actions
Read about the exciting journey of how Bouyant set up their continuous integration for Linkerd, how they took some of their tool choices, and the significant learnings.
- Meet couler-proj/couler project
Unified Interface for Constructing and Managing Workflows on different
workflow engines, such as Argo Workflows, Tekton Pipelines, and Apache
Containers & Orchestration
- Identify easy your image versions with jetstack/version-checker
Kubernetes utility for exposing image versions in use, compared to the latest available upstream, as metrics.
- Kubernetes Could Be The One To Make the Internet of Things (IoT) Reach Its
Adrian Goins, Director of Community and Evangelism at Rancher Labs, describes the importance and impact of Kubernetes on the IoT and 5G market. A short but exciting read shows that K8s reaches from giant clusters with thousands of machines to the other edge of the network.
- Kubernetes Cost Optimization 101
K8s easily comes with loads of overhead, unmanaged containers, and bad configured clusters that don't use all their potential. With some simple steps, you can cut your costs and create more transparency in your infrastructure needed.
- Container Attached Storage is Cloud Native Storage (CAS)
A longer writeup of software-defined storage like OpenEBS, which natively can be attached at containers and provide highly available, fault-tolerant storage for any kind of application.
- Kubernetes adoption, security, and market share trends report
Kubernetes' adoption continues to grow, reaching a new high of 91% in the fall 2020 edition of the StackRox State of Container and Kubernetes Security report. Self-managed K8s, Azure AKS, and OpenShift are the big winners of the used ways to run Kubernetes.