- Is a 25MB hard size limit on K8s container image size reasonable?
A reminder that not every "requirement" is reasonable.
- Generically working with Kubernetes objects in Go
Looking for a primer on programming go applications that interact with Kubernetes? This is a great intro!
- Smoking a Turkey with Prometheus, Home Assistant, and Grafana
My Prometheus-Nerd-Heart was jumping :)
- Cloud-native security threat: Kubernetes UI Tools Turn into a Weapon
"In this blog, we'll explain how misconfigured UI tools can allow access and control over cloud native environments and describe the techniques that threat actors use to exploit UI tools for their benefit."
- Busting 5 Sigstore Myths
"For those new to Sigstore, it's an open source project composed of several different components to make it easy for developers to cryptographically sign software and for consumers to verify it. This enables software to be traced back to the source, and prove that it hasn't been tampered with after it was signed."
- Hetzner Pulumi Intro
Pulumi is an underrated IaC tool. Hetzner has an excellent bang for the bug. Two great reasons to read this article!
- The Operator Pattern in Nomad
Andy Dote is bringing the Operator pattern to Nomad. For sure, something I'd like to investigate further!
- Building a bare-metal Kubernetes cluster on Raspberry Pi
There are plenty of "Installing Kubernetes on Raspberry Pi" articles out there. But this one is well written and deserves a share for those about to create a home cluster.
- kubernetes-sigs/kube-scheduler-simulator: A web-based simulator for the Kubernetes scheduler
"In real Kubernetes, we cannot know the results of scheduling in detail without reading the logs, which usually requires privileged access to the control plane. Therefore, we have developed a simulator for kube-scheduler -- you can try out the behavior of the scheduler with web UI while checking which plugin made what decision for which Node." - A great way to learn about the Kubernetes scheduler!
- K8up - Kubernetes Backup Operator
"K8up is a Kubernetes backup operator based on Restic that will handle PVC and application backups on a Kubernetes or OpenShift cluster."
- kube-rs/kube-rs: Rust Kubernetes client and controller runtime
"Rust client for Kubernetes in the style of a more generic client-go, a runtime abstraction inspired by controller-runtime, and a derive macro for CRDs inspired by kubebuilder."