Cloud Native News - CW7
- Let’s encrypt: an automated certificafe authority to encrypt the entire web
“This paper tells the story of Let’s Encrypt, from it’s early beginnings in 2012/13 all the way to becoming the world’s largest HTTPS Certificate Authority (CA) today – accounting for more currently valid certificates than all other browser-trusted CAs combined.”
- Why Discord is switching from Go to Rust
Go is usually a good bet when it comes to microservie architecture. However, as Go is a garbage collecting language it might not always be the ideal choice for every kind of service, has Discord explains in their article.
- Amazon EBS addresses the challenge of the CAP Theorem at scale
CNCF & Community
- AWS promotional credits for open source projects
CNCF Ambassadors can apply for AWS credits for up to $100/month for CNCF related demos and experiments. How do I become a Cloud Native Ambassador?
- End-of-life announcement for CoreOS Container Linux
As already anticipated, CoreOS will be retired on May 26, 2020. Migration can be as easy as switching to Flatcar Linux, which has been forked from CoreOS when sunsetting of CoreOS was already foreseeable.
- EKS vs GKE vs AKS - Evaluating Kubernetes in the Cloud
Looking for an up-to-date guide for chosing a managed Kubernetes solution? Look no further.
- Guide to Kubernetes Egress Network Policies
Stackrox follow-up post to “Setting up Kubernetes Network Policies”.
- Calico for Kubernetes networking: the basics & examples
- Helm 3 in real life
Since KubeCon San Diego most users are migrating from Helm 2 towards Helm 3. This is a nice experience report.
- Kubernetes Storage Patterns
Minio did a writeup on how to handle storage within Kubernetes and provides a great overview.
- Container-Native Multi-Cluster Global Load Balancing With Cloud Armor on Google Cloud Platform
Wil Squires from JetStack explains the various challenges they encountered to setup Multi-Cluster Load Balancing ont GCP.
- OpenFaaS comes to k8s, the Kubernetes CUI
My facourite way to interact with Kubernetes clusters, k9s, just got better: it now natively supports interaction with OpenFaaS.
- VMWare introducing Watch-Proxy: A Beacon to Gather Kubernetes Info for IT Systems
When systems outside Kubernetes need infromation about what happens to resources inside Kubernetes, Watch-Proxy can come in handy.
- Introducing the Thanos Operator
Banzai Cloud, already known for contributing and maintaining the Thanos Helm Chart now announced the Thanos Operator.
- Cloudicity Releases Managed Kubernetes Service for Healthcare
- Supporting developers as they scale: a free Kubernetes eBook
In the past Digital Ocean wrote a lot of great Kubernetes Blog-Posts. Now they put all of those valuable information into free ebook!
- O’Reilly: Kubernetes Operators: Automating the Container Orchestration Platform
Jason Dobies and Josh Wood wrote a book about writing Kubernetes Operators. RedHat distribute it for free!
Photo by Artem Verbo on Unsplash